28.7.13

R13.22: Kissena Twilight Series 7/17 - Cat 3/4

Another day racing on the Swan, so again, no data.  Jamie came out to watch again, so I figured I would try to employ some of the tactics we had been talking about.  I was able to get an actual warm up in and felt surprisingly good after yesterday's racing.

The first race was a 3 lap snowball.  Jamie told me to sit in for the final sprint.  Instead, I jumped on to Sean's wheel, who took the first sprint.  Unfortunately, he then faded, so I attacked to take the second sprint.  The third was a wash for me.  This was basically the opposite of what we had discussed, so Jamie was not too pleased and hit me on the head with an empty water bottle.

Next was an 8 lap point-a-lap.  We tried for the same strategy this time, treat it as an 8 lap scratch and just sit in.  Of course, I don't listen, so I was able to sit in and pip the other riders at the line for sprints 5-8.  This gave me the win.

The final race was a 10 lap scratch.  Brean attacked early, eugene more or less went with him.  It was somewhere between going with the attack and bridging right away.  A kid from MIT bridged up later on.  Aaron and lucas tried to bring the field back together, which in hindsight is strange if brean was up ahead, but whatever.  DaveC sat on their wheels and I sat on his, outsprinting all of them and almost catching eugene.  This gave me a 4th place finish.

In the end, I was able to take the omnium.

After racing was over, I did some laps with Jamie and HarryZ, though harry disappeared right away.  Before this, though, Andreas was riding slow around the track, and apparently jammed his foot against his front wheel or something and went down.  I didn't hear or see it, but I've been told it resulted in a fractured clavicle.  That sucks.  He just got his cat 3 upgrade, too.  And while we're talking about the latest happenings at the track, it looks like brean finally has enough upgrade points to go to 3.  congrats to him, too.

Also, after looking back at my race reports, I never actually had a R13.02 race, so all these are one number higher than they should be.  Shrug. Turns out I just didn't label R13.02 as a race report.  Carry on, nothing to see here.

Results here: http://kissenavelodrome.info/results/2013/Kissena13TwilightSeriesWeek12.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment