21.7.13

R13.19: Kissena Twilight Series 6/26

This wednesday I raced on the Swan.  The wheels still weren't built up, so I used my volos track wheels.  I don't have a garmin mount on the bike, so no data.  Jamie was there to watch, which was nice.  Too bad I still suffered from a lack of any kind of fitness.  In addition, I didn't eat lunch because I was stuck running the shop solo for most of the day.  This also meant that I left work to race 45 minutes later than normal, which lead to me barely making it in time and not warming up in the least.

The first race was a points race.  I think 12 laps.  I think I spent most of the race chasing guys who were actually getting points.  Somehow I managed one point to put me in 5th place.

Next was a scratch.  I don't remember how long.  Same deal, lots of me in the wind, not me in the win.  Look how clever that was.

Finally, there was a miss and out.  I went out fairly early because I got myself boxed in.  The 3/4 field seemed pretty aggressive today.  I don't know what that was all about.  A few guys throwing elbows and shit.

One general theme I noticed is that with the exception of brean and new rhino, nobody really wanted to put any effort in.  I realize this included me, but that's because I had no fuel in me to go hard with.  Unfortunate, as I would have loved to attack the hell out of everybody.

Results here: http://kissenavelodrome.info/results/2013/Kissena13TwilightSeriesWeek10.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment