21.7.13

R13.20: Kissena Twilight Series 7/10 - Cat 3/4

I rode the Swan again today, this time with the official wheels.  Still no data, though.

The first race was a full-on elimination down to two riders.  I can't say I remember ever doing that at k-town.  I rode it at the front for once.  It was a combination of questioning myself after last week and trying to mitigate the effects of this constant fatigue i have.  Being at the front is much steadier than trying to play the devil in the back.  In the end, I came out 4th.

Next was a scratch.  I wish I could remember how many laps.  Maybe 6.  4 laps.  Regardless, I attacked in turn 2 with 2 to go, got a good gap and held it to the line for the win.

The last race was a five lap tempo, which I originally planned on attacking with 3 to go, trying to hold everybody off, but i saw a good moment to attack at the beginning, so I went hard and got first in the first two sprints and second in the third.  I then sat in to recover, but wasn't able to snag any of the final lap points.  Unfortunately, Andreas ended up using my original strategy, so although we had the same number of points, his better finish gave him the win.,

Results here:  http://kissenavelodrome.info/results/2013/Kissena13TwilightSeriesWeek11.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment