24.11.13

R13.35: Fuji Super Tuesdays 9/3 - Stagiares & Women

This was the final Super Tuesday of the season at t-town.  Karl came out with me, which was fun.  Andy and Kieran also came, possibly with JP and others?  I don't remember.  What I do remember, though, was how eerily similar this night felt to the last tuesday of last season.  The sunset had that late-season light, a warm-gold look.  The weather had a cool, crisp feel.  It felt like fall was right around the corner.  I reflected with Andy about how similar and yet how very different the two nights were.  It was a great way to reflect over the past season, the ups and downs and events that happened.

Alright, let's not get too misty-eyed here.  Here's some warm-up data:

The first race was a 12 lap Tempo points race.  I don't see the results for this posted, but from what I remember, I attacked early, picked up a bunch of points, and then sat in, came around the field and won more points.  I think this gave me the win overall.  I could just be full of myself, though.

Next up came a 25 lap points race, which the results call a 20 lap points.  I'm starting to question the integrity of these results here.  Oh well.  I seem to remember winning this one, too, so I'll go with it.  I don't really remember how I won, but who needs the details?

Finally for the combined stagiare/women field was another super sprint elimination.  I remember this one well, as I made it past the elimation, then Pat Gellineau did an early solo attack as I hear is his signature style.  The crowd was cheering for him the whole way.  I attacked from the group and caught and passed him in the last half lap, if memory serves me correctly.  Andy said he was pretty sure the crowd hated me for doing that.  I have no respect, I guess.

Three wins in a row means I won the omnium.  Back on top, baby!  Yeah, whatever.  The feature was a 30 lap scratch race.  It would appear that I didn't survive all 30 laps.  I think I stayed at the rear and kept getting gapped off.  Who knows.

And with that, tuesdays ended.

Interesting tidbit, though.  This was also a PA BAR event.  Prior to this race, the standings winner was Will Pestcoe, who since the last BAR race started racing in the pro/am field.  He realized I could win enough points to take the lead from him, so he tried his best to sell me on racing pros with him so he could keep his BAR win.  I, being a jerk, did not.  And I waited until after the racing to let him know that it didn't matter anyhow, since I'm not a PA resident.  How did I become such a jerk?

EDIT: another interesting tid-bit.  This is the night when Karl became worried about Kieran winning states.  Something about placing well in the pro/am field in long endurance type races.

Results here:

No comments:

Post a Comment