18.11.13

R13.27: Kissena Twilight Series 8/7 - Team Events

This week was a mixture of team sprints and team pursuits.  Jamie showed up to race again, but I used my other track bike for some reason.  I don't really remember why.  I think I was just too lazy to swap bikes from last night.

I went in hoping to test out our team sprint team for states.  At this point I don't remember if it was the original Kieran and Andy team or the new Josh and Karl team.  I think the former.  One way or another, they didn't show up, so I came up with an impromptu team.  I thought the team sprint was first, but the results seem to indicate the TTT was first.  shrug.

originally, we tried to do the TTT as keith, sean, me, but sean's wheel kept slipping.  instead, we switched to john w, dave c, keith, me.  The team blew up from the first lap.  by this point I was pissed for having to restart twice for sean's two wheel slips, so I just went balls out.  a gap opened, and it never closed.  by the end, keith dropped out, and it was me yelling at dave and john to get their asses moving.  not the brightest moment of my career.

the team sprint was a bit more cohesive, with dave, keith, and me.  we had a relatively smooth run, with a 1:30.67 time.

Miss Haley came to watch me race.  She said she liked watching me yell.  She had never seen that before.  At least something good came of it, I guess.  We got some indian food afterward and walked around.  I think Jamie might have also been there, but he took a phone call most of the time.

Results here:
http://kissenavelodrome.info/results/2013/Kissena13TwilightSeriesWeek15.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment