18.11.13

R13.29: Kissena Omnium 8/17

This was the Kissena Omnium, aka Kissena International Omnium.  Formerly an event put on by Joe B, this year it was run by Alan.  I won't lie, I was feeling pretty confident in winning this.  Fortunately, kieran was kind enough to kick my ass.

I rode the swan, which was as supple as ever, but without being flexy.  you know, if i remember correctly, Dan came out to race with me.

The first event was a flying 200.  I think I went with a 14t in the rear.  I probably just put my disc wheel on.  I had the second fastest time with a 12.42.  I made sure to gloat over Josh for beating him by 1/100.

Next was a 20 lap points race.  It looks like I came in third, third, fourth and third.  This put me in third place.  I remember thinking that kieran would drop back at some point since he's a big sprinter type.  Yeah, not so much.  He beat me in almost all the sprints.  my spirits were crushed.

Then we had an elimination.  This is where I really screwed up.  I think I got boxed in by either kieran or dan lim.  maybe both.  very possibly neither.  Regardless, I was the third one out, which was a 7th place.

After this was a scratch race.  How long?  who knows.  I wanna say maybe 15 laps?  I seem to have come in second.  How on earth could I have done that well?  The answer is lost to time.

The final event was an 800m TT.  I think I used the black track bike for this one.  The reason was I was going to use my dual discs, but Karl the Official told me that was probably a dumb idea, so I switched back.  My guess is I did this with a 48x14.  I had the fastest time with 1:00.05.  Good job me.

The points were tallied and the omnium results were as such:  Kieran won, I came in second, Josh in third.  This is when I started to worry about Kieran beating me at states.  (ooo foreshadowing!)

Dan came in 6th overall, with a very respectable flying 200 time.  We'll have to work on the endurance events.

Anything else noteworthy?  Shrug.

Results:
http://kissenavelodrome.info/results/2013/KissenaOmnium13.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment