20.6.12

Race: T-town Fuji Super Tuesdays 6/19 - Stagiares

I left at noon to get to steve by 1pm.  We immediately hit traffic on the LIE, which did not end until we got off staten island.  Stalled cars, broken down trucks, environmental catastrophes, we had it all.  Eventually we got to the track 5 hours later.  We stopped at a convenience store for some food as we had no time to get food at a real restaurant.  I bought some bread things that looked good, but actually sucked.  Boo.

The first race was a 10 lap scratch.  I started at the back and worked my way up to the front with 4 to go.  I had some good speed, so I tried an attack.  I got a good gap that I held until the homestretch on the final lap.  Needless to say, I was passed by a bunch of people, so no omnium points for me.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/191025937

Next was a 20 lap Points.  I think I got 5th in the first sprint.  Steve attacked and a small break bridged up and past.  I went with them, but they dropped me on the next sprint.  I think I was 6th or so.  The next two sprints, same deal.  maybe 6th or so.  No omnium points again.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/191025923

After this was a Super sprint elimination to 12 rides, 5 lap scratch.  I was one of the last to the rail, so I ended up at the back again.  Being almost on the turn made it harder to clip in than I thought.  I was still tightening my straps when Nothstein told the group to roll off.  I shouted, but it wasn't heard, so I sprinted after them, tightening the straps as I went.  I was slowly catching up, and was hoping Nothstein would tell the group to slow up so I could get on, but instead he fired the gun and I was the first eliminated.  I went intrack and threw my bike against the wall.  I realize there were a lot of riders, but it would have been nice had Nothstein actually looked to see if everyone was ready before he told everyone to roll off.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/191025904

Another 3.5 hours later and I got home.  I stopped at the bar hoping to still catch Dan there, but Margot told me he had left.  I had a drink, and went home.  More racing tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment