6.6.12

2012.28: 6/4-6/10

It has come to my attention that some of these strava embeds don't work. I blame strava. Truly I am infallible.

Friday-Sunday: Cousin's wedding.  All the best to him and his new wife.  No riding.  Originally, I was planning on bringing my bike, but I think it was a good thing I didn't.  The roads I was planning on riding were pretty terrible for bikes.  The one went on and off the interstate a few times.  It sucked.

Thursday: Sat in a car all day.  wished I was riding.

Wednesday: I decided against racing at kissena this week for a few reasons.  For one, I'm leaving tomorrow morning for a wedding in Ohio, so I needed to get pack.  Dan also needed some help with a new seat delete design.  In addition, quite frankly, my legs were tired.  That said, I still managed to convince myself that it would be a smart idea to do the wednesday evening hill ride.  Ben emailed me asking if I was going to show up, so I knew I was in for some hard times.  Basically, the ride did not disappoint.  I hurt. A lot.  What did come as a surprise was the four cars tthat almost hit me on the ride.  First, on the way to the start a lady turned right out of a parking lot right in front of me so I had to swing into the opposite lane of traffic.  Next, during the ride an oncoming car tried to make a left right in front of me, then saw me and stopped right where I was trying to move to, so I had to swing around the backside of them.  After this, it was the usual asshole in an SUV passing me with 1 foot of room on a blind turn.  I had some choice words for him when I caught him on the upcoming downhill.  Finally, on the ride back home, a car stopped at a cross road turned left right into my direction of travel.  What a bunch of chumps.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/186377297
NP/IF/TSS: 226W/0.977/186

Tuesday: Track racing at T-town.  See race report.  No other riding that I remember.

Monday: Rest day.  Rested.

No comments:

Post a Comment