14.6.11

RACE: Kreb Friday Night #1 6/10

I'm not really in a race report writing mood, which probably was pretty obvious as this is five days overdue. So let's just get to it.

Drove to the race. Driving is really boring. Wasn't allowed to do the A race, so I stuck with the B's. I had put in for my 5>4 upgrade, but it hadn't been approved yet. In fact it got denied the other day. How stupid. I mean really, do the 10 races really need to be verified? It's not like 5>4 is really a major upgrade or anything. Like has been said by better bloggers than me, a cat 4 is just a cat 5 who's done 10 races. But I digress.

My plan then, since this race was another cat 5 waste of time was to just go hard often and always. I was able to toe the line at the very front, so as soon as the race started I went straight into go fast mode. 28mph on the front stretch, less on the back thanks to wind and that hill type thing. I don't think too many people appreciated the hot start to the race, but hey, "hell is the rhythm of others".

There was a prime. I attacked early, one guy bridged and attacked me. I couldn't respond so I sat up. No point in getting spit out the back after having missed the prime. Found out in the end that the other guy got dq'd, so that prime would have went to me had I not sat up. What a bunch of crap. Instead it went to one of the Rocky Point guys, of which there were 3. Their team tactics basically consisted of "hey, let's all attack at the same time, with nobody blocking". You know, cat 5 stuff. they'll figure it out eventually. The Kreb womens' team were making good moves though. Nice tactics and all. Unfortunately, this didn't fit in with my tactics, which were to bring back every attack, and then counter attack.

Eventually the race neared an end. It couldn't have come soon enough. I forgot how long non-track racing is. Makes you wonder why anyone would do it. So with 2 to go, the A field passes us. Then as usual, they slow down and we're stuck trying to figure out if we should pass them or not. We eventually give up on being nice and pass them again. Being ego filled A's, they bitch and then try to pass us again. Nevermind that we're nearing the bell lap at this point and they still have 6 to go. What a joke. Most likely if the B field had just been started earlier, we wouldn't have seen each other.

Final lap, I find myself at the front. oh well. Rocky point winds up their train and i believe gets 1,2,3. Someone else at 4, i'm sitting pretty for 5 with a good gap to the rest of the field so i cool it down. Some CRCA guy sprints around me taking 5th, i get 6th. I don't know how to feel about that. On one hand I should have been paying more attention. On the other hand, pipping me at the line for 5th is pretty amateur.

That's the race. I'm starting to think fast Alan has a good point that you could get just as good training without paying $10. We'll see if I do any others this season. Maybe this is why it took me 5 years to put in my upgrade.

Time: 01:02:55
Distance: 25.72 mi
Speed: 24.5/37.7 mph
Cadence: 94/127 rpm
HR: 180/196 bpm
NP/IF: 246W/0.946

No comments:

Post a Comment