17.6.11

RACE: Kissena Twilight Series 6/15

Legs felt a little tired from doing squats the day before. Karl was tired, too, I think. One way or another we figured there would be a good turnout and as such, some upgrade points. Karl was all for me trying to win in order to upgrade. There in fact were a bunch of new people who showed up, some of which fast. Weather was warm and dry. started off with no wind, small gusts from time to time though. I put on a 90" gear this time around just to see how it would go. Comparing to last week's race doesn't really show any noticeable difference. slightly slower average cadence, slightly higher average speed.

The first race was a 6 lap tempo. I started off a bit back, so spent the first few laps catching up. At that point I just kept on going and attacked off the front. Stayed ahead for two laps, then came in 3rd in the final sprint to get one more point. This left me in second. I had a mean track hack after that one. I don't know what that was all about.

Next was a win and out. The first one I haven't won first on. Must be losing my touch. I got second place pretty easy though, so no worries there. I think Steve got first, so that's all good. Karl won the final sprint for 3rd.

Finally, a 4 lap point-a-lap, I started out in the right place for once, missed the first two sprints, but got the last two. This got me the win and the omnium. hooray.

The A feature consisted of a devil's scratch. I decided to try my luck at setting tempo at the front until all the riders to get pulled were pulled. Eventually however, alan and colin went around me and took over. I sat on the back trying to out-edge anyone else and this worked until the last person to get pulled. There was a mixup as to who got pulled at second to last and I sat up, but then found out it was someone else. I sprinted back on, but got pulled the final lap anyhow. I wasn't really feeling it at this point, so it was all good. I forgot how Karl did in the feature. I think he sat up because he was just as confused as me.

I think this might be my worst race report to date. I just don't really know what to write. I did get enough points to upgrade. That's probably worth mentioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment