2.6.11

RACE: Kissena Twilight Series 6/1

So as you might have read from the main weekly synopsis, my preparation for tonight's racing was less than ideal. Or at least you would think so. Lots of beer and lots of steak combined with lots of rushing to meet with Karl leads to a not very clear mind going into your first race for the night.

The first race, by the way was a Win and Out. Probably one of my favorite races. Karl was still tired from destroying lesser cyclists out at Somerville, so he was all for leading me out for the win. It worked flawlessly, with me taking the win and karl winning the sprint for second.

Next was a 5 lap point-a-lap. I don't think we really came up with much strategy for this one, but basically I took a flyer for 4 or so laps and then sat up for the final lap. Or maybe I took third in the sprint, I don't really remember. Regardless, the important thing to note here is that I won and Karl took second. Hooray us!

Oh look. A chariot. pfft. Karl won, I gave it a try, then rolled in with Brean for 6&7th place.

At this point Karl made sure to bring to my attention that even though I won two races, he ended up with more points than me and won the day's omnium. Well. I blame that damn chariot race.

Time for the A feature. 5 of us cat 4's were able to give it a go with the fast guys. On a quick side note, Brean did the B feature and really rocked it. For as much as he was complaining about being tired, he sure made that win look easy. Back to the A feature, it was a 12 lap scratch. I made a few digs trying to shake things up a bit. Nothing stuck and I ended up on the front with a lap to go. I figured since I was in bad position, I probably would get creamed, so I just hunkered down and set the legs to full steam ahead. I figured if they were going to outsprint me, I might as well make them work for it. Al and a Mengoni rider that I forgot the name of started winding up their sprint on the backstretch. I caught it out of the corner of my eye and dropped it into overdrive. Through I don't know what kind of motivation, I was able to catch up and outsprint Mengoni, but couldn't make it to Al. After that I took a lap around the track thinking I was about to faint and actually almost crying from the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment