30.7.10

RACE: Kissena Twilight Track Series 7/28

Alright, raced yesterday. As such, lets us take a romp down old memory lane....

It seemed like it was only a week ago, that fateful day...that happened to be yesterday. The distant past.

...Anyhow. Yes, racing. Went in with Karl. The track schedule was as such: 12 lap win and out, 6 lap snowball, (stupid) chariot, and if possible, the A feature, a 12 lap (which ended up only being 10 lap) devil's scratch.

Karl and I decided on some good old fashioned tactics again, for the first race we decided that i would try to jump off the front (as is my way), and try to win the first sprint. after that, who knows. in order to be sneaky, I aimed for the second lap instead of straight from the gun. Well, it ended up working, but slightly. Siraaj made a good effort and almost caught me, but didn't. so there's that. Then Karl won the second place sprint. Talk about domination. here's data:

Second race was the snowball, Karl and i decided that he would go for the early points, and I would try to win the big points at the end. I don't think we could have worked it better. Karl made sure to point out one useful piece of advice to me: don't end up in the back. Well, suffice it to say, by the end of the neutral lap i was all the way in the back. I thusly spent the next few laps trying to get to the front while karl swept the points. In a bit of perfect timing, right as he sat up, I made it to the front and jumped, staying ahead for the last 3 laps. boo-yah. Again it was 1st for me and 2nd for karl. more data:

Then there were the chariots. Alan decided on doing two heats to determine the final chariot group. Karl and I were in the same heat, along with siraaj. Unfortunately, he pulled out of his pedal, which happened to be fortunate for me because i'm sure i wouldn't have advanced if he were in it. Both Karl and I advanced to the final, which Karl won, and I got fourth. No data, I didn't even bother to record it.

This put Karl and me into the A feature, with Karl one point ahead of me. I decided on the same strategy the last time I did a devil's scratch A feature, which was set tempo until people stopped getting pulled. Karl wasn't feeling it, I think, so he got pulled. Anyhow, in the end, Alan sat on the wheels of Dan Lim and I until the end and jumped. Alan won, Dan got second, I sat up, got fifth. whatevs. A series of datum points:

There you go boys and girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment