4.8.10

2010.36: 8/2-8/8 Build 2 Week such-and-such

Sunday: probably no riding. I don't really remember.

Saturday: recovery ride before work. it was fun. yup.
Time: 00:45:30
Distance: 12.12mi
Speed: 16.0/31.4mph
Cadence: 88/116 rpm
HR: 132/168bpm

Friday: ffffuuuuuudge. woke up early for the friday kreb ride. what a clusterfuck. It's been a while since I've done it, and I guess now that it's summer every lance wannabe thinks he can hang at the front. The pace was retarded, constantly surge and brake, surge and brake. And since the fucking idiots up front were too busy pretending they were hot shit, they didn't point out a few garbage cans that almost took me and a few others out. I ended up pushing the cans out of the way as I passed, which some lady bitched at me for after the ride. "You know, I didn't appreciate that". Well know what? I didn't appreciate almost fucking running into them, so you can fuck off. I ended up jumping off the front and taking a longer route for a bit just to cool off a bit. Any more time with those knuckleheads and we would have come to blows. In the end, my average dropped a half mph between getting to the ride and finishing it. That's just wrong.
Time: 02:23:34
Distance: 46.32 mi
Speed: 19.4/31.6 mph
Cadence: 97/129 rpm
HR: 163/196bpm

I rode again in the evening with some friends from work. One of them is just getting into cycling. It's awesome. Coincidentally, we rode to bellport again, where we got root beer floats and some fries. all in all, it was a blast. i tried the ol' superman descending technique on the way back. I can get into it, but I still don't know how to clip back in once i'm all horizontal like. fortunately for me, i just kind of rode into some dirt and fell over. graceful? no. effective? sure. good thing i think at this point they expect me to do something stupid at least once in a day.
Time: 02:16:08
Distance: 35.08mi
Speed: 15.5/33.5mph
Cadence: 87/138rpm
HR: 145/180bpm

Thursday: took it easy. I don't want to get too strong, you know. Then I would just make everyone else feel bad about how much slower they are than me. yeah, that's it...

Wednesday: just raced at the track. no pre-race ride or anything. check the race report.

Tuesday: Rode the rollers after work. Painful, that's what it was. I don't know if I had the resistance higher than normal, or i'm just slower than normal, but it wasn't easy. 2x15min's.

Monday: rest day. as if i needed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment