9.7.10

Race: Kissena Twilight Track Series 7/7

Alright, here we go. where to start? Karl and I raced the 4's. Alan wasn't there this week. Turns out he upgraded to cat3 now. Props to him. The race schedule was a 7 lap point-a-lap, 3 lap scratch, 9 lap points. Karl and I were interested in working on some team tactics, and quite frankly, I think we did well. We planned early, adapted as the race went on, and took home some good points.

Race the first: the original plan was for me to jump early and stay off the front for 4 laps to get enough points to win. the we found out that the final sprint counted for 3,2,1 points. I still gave it a go, thinking instead of getting some points early, sitting back in, getting some points late. I don't really remember the details anymore, but Karl won the race, I got second.

Race the second: 3 lap scratch, I was still not feeling like winning, maybe it was the heat. who knows. regardless, on the last lap, mike mahesh tried to go early, whatshisname caught up, I sprinted from the back of the pack and was able to pass mike, but whatshisname won. So again, second place.

Race the third: the goal was for karl to win this one. I'm happy to say he did. I was just supposed to lead out for each of the points sprints. The first sprint I led kind of early, but by the last sprint, i think we got it figured out. good job karl.

This ended the omnium, with karl in first and me in third. this brought us to the A feature, a devil's scratch. Basically, it starts as devil takes the hindmost, then switches to a scratch. with 8 people in the race, we did 10 laps. lap 10 was neutral start, 9 was neutral, 8,7,6,5 were regular miss'n'out. then the rest was a scratch. I have given up on pretending i can play the devil. I'll leave that skill to joe brennan. he is a tactical mastermind. My strategy was much simpler: go fast, stay on the front. it seemed to work, i didn't get pulled. Karl was the last to get pulled, i believe. then during the scratch I got suckered into putting my nose into the wind the whole time, except when tadeusz or gary would make a little attack. eventually, on the final lap the sprint was on for them and i rolled in for 3rd place.

all in all, good job east end. hooray team tactics. hooray karl. and most importantly, this race report is pretty freaking dull and not very detailed. i'll try to get these things done sooner.

EDIT: oh yeah, the important stuff, race data.
split breakdown:
1- point-a-lap
2- scratch
3- points
4- A feature: devil's scratch

No comments:

Post a Comment