30.5.13

R13.14: Kissena Twilight Series 5/22 - Cat 3/4

My notes aren't as good for this race night as they were for tuesday, so we'll see how this goes.  I remember I was very tired from getting home at 3am the night before.  I was able to sleep in and come to work at noon, which was much appreciated.  Karl asked if I wanted to car-pool, so I said sure, and met him at the bike shop around 5pm.  We loaded up, including a big box of parts for pink rhino, and headed out.  Traffic was terrible leading up to the cross-island, so we finally worked our way south and then over to avoid it all.  Apparently two lanes were closed due to a stack-up between a car and a semi.  We got there a bit after 6, so I changed quick and tried to get a little bit of a warm-up in.  I didn't warm up in my race gear, nor did I record the data, nor did I feel good at all.  I still felt sapped from that bonk of sorts last night.

In addition to feeling like crud, there was a stacked field.  Tony, Karl, Al, Andreas, pretty sure JoshS, Lucas, Sean, Mike, Ariel.  Lots of fast.  The first race was a 12 lap points race, during which things happened.  I don't really remember what those things were, but the results spreadsheet tells me I got second in the first and third sprint, which gave me third.  I seem to remember a lot of hanging out in no-man's land, which I think was during this race and the last race.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/316801735

The next race was a 3 lap scratch.  Since it was short, and I didn't want to spin at all, I bumped my gear up to 94" at 49x14.  I started the race near the back, and basically spent all three laps slowly moving up in position.  I ended up in second.  hooray big gears!
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/316801727

The final race was a seven lap tempo.  Oh goodness.  I went hard for the first sprint, getting second, with one point.  I then was passed on the back stretch and spent the rest of the race trying to chase one group or another.  It mostly was Karl taking all the points, with a short bout of Tony getting one sprint.  I remember Sean yelled at me to pick up the pace, which I gladly would have done if I could have.  He won the final sprint, I came in third.  This gave me a grand total of two points, which put me in fourth place.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/316801721

This concluded the cat 3/4 omnium.  Karl dominated in first place, Tony got second, and I came in third by the grace of math alone.  Karl and I met up with JoeB and Alan at Arby's, ate some food, discussed some bike racing, and had a good old time.  Karl dropped me off at Syosset and I went home and passed out.

True story.

Results here:
http://kissenavelodrome.info/results/2013/Kissena13TwilightSeriesWeek5.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment