19.5.13

R13.12: Kissena Twilight Series 5/15 - Cat 3/4

I was supremely tired heading to the track today.  I was really thinking about not even racing, and almost fell asleep on the drive in.  For some reason, even though this has been the shortest wait to write my race report, I can't think of how the weather was at all.  I think it was chilly during the day, but warmed up at the track.  Or the opposite.  One of those two.  I thought about taking a nap, but instead just sat around instead of warming up.  I don't think I got any laps in on my race gear.  Geeze, I'm really having trouble remembering now.  These races are starting to all blend together.  Hopefully this'll be the motivation I need to write these sooner.  One thing to note was a good turn out of pink rhinos this week.  I was starting to worry some of them weren't racing anymore.

The first race was a win and out.  I jumped typically early and got a gap, which I held to the line.  Won and outed.  Tony Hall was racing with us, and he got caught in the same situation as I did in that w&o a few weeks ago.  Andy caught up and beat him for second place, but he was able to hold on for third.  I know how that goes.

Next was a five lap snowball.  Lucas attacked early, I tried to catch him.  He was able to get the first two sprints, then tony caught up and took the third sprint.  For some reason, I don't remember this happening.  I was able to beat him for the fourth sprint, but he got me on the fifth.  Forgetting about that third sprint, I thought I had enough points to win, but not so much.  Whoops.  Also, having to keep my garmin upside-down has finally cost me some data.  I can't even begin to say how stupid this new rule is.  Here's some data of me riding around after the race instead of anything useful.

The final race was a 9 lap scratch.  I don't particularly remember the details of most of the race, but Tony attacked around two laps to go, I would say.  I caught him coming into the home stretch before the bell lap, and decided to come around him right away because I was worried about the rest of the field catching up.  I felt him closing in around turn 3, but far up track.  I had to dig deep for this sprint, ending with a photo finish that I probably wouldn't have won without a well timed bike throw.  

This concluded the night's racing.  I won the omnium, Tony second, Andy third.  honorable mention to lucas in 4th.  Results here:

I really need to start taking more notes when I race....

No comments:

Post a Comment