13.5.13

2013.24: Race - 5/6 - 5/12

Sunday: Kissena Spring Classic.  See the race report.  Also, hello Genisis!

Saturday: nada. laced up the rear wheel for the swan.  it looks sweeeet.

Friday: Despite my first A race being only two days away, I decided to ride too much today.  I rode to work, then afterward I headed to visit Rick Jones at Roadrunners in Glen Cove to pick up some simichrome polish.  After that, I went back to Syosset to pick up my bag, and almost made it back home before it got too dark.  I ended up calling for a ride as I went past BAE systems and we rendezvoused perfectly at the king's park train station.  On a side note, there are a lot of proper nouns in this ride report.  Also, the roads between syosset and glen cove are really nice.  I'll definitely have to ride that way more often.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/310793307
NP/IF/TSS: 207W/0.970/299(oof!)

Thursday: long work day.  no riding.

Wednesday: Twilight at k-town.  See the race report.

Tuesday: I spent a good amount of today working on polishing up the spokes and hubs for the swan.  Thinking on it now, I really haven't mentioned my Jamie Swan much, have I?  That's just not right.  It's still at the painter's, so I've been trying to fancy up the wheels that I'll put on it.  Anyhow, I also rode today.  I figured I would do a short ride up to old field, nice and easy like, but with a few short hard intervals as openers.  I picked a few strava KOMs to try for and set out.  I was able to get two of them, but that damn old field sprint still eluded me.  Coming down from old field I also checked out the private beach.  It warrants further bike exploration, but it is way too rocky to walk around on barefoot.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/309431004
NP/IF/TSS: 218W/1.023/147

At some point Dan called me, so I met up with him at the fire house.  My garmin's battery was mostly dead for some reason, so I decided to split everything into two rides in case it shut off.  Surprisingly, it lasted for around 2 hours on roughly 30 minutes' charge.  Not bad, garmin.  Not bad at all.  As for the ride, it was great.  Perfect weather, nice easy ride, beautiful beaches.  What more could you ask for on your day off?
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/309430962
NP/IF/TSS: 163W/0.765/52

Monday: Rest day.  Rested.

No comments:

Post a Comment