27.12.12

2013.05: Base 2.1 - 12/24-12/30

Sunday: LICX #2.  See race report.

Saturday: Rested and iced my knee some more.  Ate too many cookies, then hung out with haley and gina.  No riding.

Friday: I wanted to do the kreb ride, but I woke up late again.  Instead, I eventually got out the door late, with zero motivation.  I got out to yaphank, feeling no power in my legs, when I saw Karl and Jeff going the opposite direction.  Because I'm a glutton for punishment, I turned around and chased up to them.  They were just leaving, so I figured I would sit on for another hour or so.  Karl started a 20min effort, I sat back to talk to Jeff, then tried to catch up, which didn't go so well.  Karl let up so I could get on his wheel and that is where I stayed for the rest of the interval.  By the end of mill road, my knee was killing me, though.  I think the bottom material on my winter bootie was caught between my cleat and pedal, eliminating my float.  I told Karl I wasn't in the same to sit on his second 20min interval, so we parted ways.  My knee got worse as I went along, shooting with sharp pain when I would stand.  I hobbled as far as port jeff station, where I finally threw in the towel and called the team car.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/255125685
NP/IF/TSS: 169W/0.768/197
*This reflects a new CP of 220W

Thursday: No riding.  Work, again.  I did do 3x10 squats, 3x30 transverse planks, 2x10+5 pushups.

Wednesday: No riding.  Work.  We played around with my track fit on the DFU.

Tuesday: Christmas.  No J-Crew ride this year, plus my family wanted me to actually be around for once, so no riding.

Monday: I aimed to ride out to Percy's special holiday edition of RP2IPBP-JP-ETC, but I woke up too late, which was probably because I really didn't want to ride 40 miles to/from a 100 mile ride.  Instead, I got a later start and aimed to backtrack the ride to meet up with Percy and the rest of the crew.  As it would turn out, his ride was trimmed down to the standard length of 60ish miles, so I met them right past the railroad crossing on mill road.  Had I left a minute or two later, I probably wouldn't have seen them.  I took some pulls into the wind on the way back, the two other riders took 25a back, and Percy and I took North Country by ourselves.  Afterward, I stopped by his house for some delicious espresso and a tour of the new (to me) house.  On the way back, I stopped by Cedar Beach to see if any boats were decorated for christmas, which none were.  I also went past the shore road shipwrecks, which were nice and visible in the low tide.  I felt decent on the ride, but definitely dressed too light.  The temperature was in the high 30's-low 40's, but it was damp, so it felt extra cold.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/254122962
NP/IF/TSS: 192W/0.930/328

No comments:

Post a Comment