5.12.12

2013.02: Base 1.2 - 12/3 - 12/9

Sunday: I skipped racing supercross in order to save money and also try to do a long base ride, but the weather was wet and wild again, and I had just cleaned all my bikes the night before.  Instead Shane somehow convinced me to ride the rollers for an hour.  That's a really long time.  I started by just riding with no intent, got bored, switched to 5 sets of 1 minute single-leg drills alternating between 30 seconds and 1 minute off (R-30s-L-1m-R-30s-L-1m...), got bored, spun around, got bored, did one 20 minute interval which I had to crank up the resistance for, and then spun for 10 more minutes.  One interesting thing about the 20 minute interval was that as I went further into it, my power would drop for a given cadence, so I'd have to shift up.  I don't know if this is me getting better, or something slipping in my resistance unit over time, reducing resistance as I go.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/250749809
NP/IF/TSS: 166/0.830/72

Saturday: The second race of my 2013 season.  I raced the Supercross Cup 2/3/4 field.  See the race report.

Friday: I planned on getting up early for the kreb ride, but I slept in too late.  As usual.  By the time I finally got up, the weather was taking a turn for the worst and was now a light cold drizzle.  Shane guilted me into riding, so I went out for an hour, which was absolutely terrible.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/249992812
NP/IF/TSS: 144W/0.720/60

Thursday: Went in to work.  No riding.

Wednesday: Went for another long base ride.  If I remember correctly, I was aiming for at least two hours, and I ended up with just over three.  On the way out, some lady pantomimed that she liked the rhino logo on my jersey and then proceeded to give me the rhino horn while sitting at a light.  I stopped by crazy beans on the way back to get some coffee and then visited cedar beach.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/249556237
NP/IF/TSS: 173W/0.867/258

Tuesday: I was going to ride in the city in the morning, but it was a little too wet out for me.  I rode back from the ronkonkoma train station, though, so that's like a half hour.  I then cleaned my bike, looked at my broken shifter, and moved my powertap from Gigi to Aria.  Beyond that, I'm calling this a rest day.

Monday: Andy and Shane came out to do a long base ride on the island with me.  We were all very tired and all of our bikes had shifting problems.  My right shift lever snapped off on east bartlett.  I might have accidentally screwed up my estimates for the length of the ride a few times.  I'm pretty sure Andy might hate me for that now.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/249277065
NP/IF/TSS: 154W/0.772/274

No comments:

Post a Comment