16.12.12

2013.03: Base 1.3 - 12/10-12/16

I've had a good amount of work this week, which is nice for making money, but bad for riding bikes.

Sunday: LICX numero uno.  See race report.

Saturday: No riding.  I went into the city to eat lots of barbecue and watch "A Prarie Home Companion".  It was also santacon, so I had the delightful opportunity to ride from penn to ronkonkoma with a ton of drunk santas.

Friday: I wanted to do the kreb ride, but I almost slept in instead.  I was able to roll out of bed an hour after I wanted and got out the door by 8:15 for the 9am start.  It takes a little over an hour to get to the ride, so I decided to cut up through yaphank and try to meet up with the group somewhere between there and river road.  I found them just coming through the railroad trestle on river, so I turned around and joined up.  There was a triathlete riding with the group who shredded his rear derailer turning from bartlett to 25.  Par for the course, I suppose.  The second time around bartlett, I tried to stay on JoeZ's wheel, which was very difficult and eventually I let a gap form that I tried to bridge the rest of the way to the next wait up.  We had some good fast pacing along 101, including my attempt at motorpacing a truck for a little.  After the ride, we stopped at the deli, which is always nice, then I rode to Patchogue with the Tom that I always forget the last name of.  By the time I got to Ronkonkoma, I really had to piss, but thanks to the massive drug problems in the area, every out-of-the-way-wooded-area had a police car in it.  Really.  It happened three times.  I stopped by Kristie and Haley, used their bathroom, chatted for a bit, headed off, rode to long beach to get some extra time in, and finally got home.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/251715428
NP/IF/TSS: 179W/0.879/344

Thursday: Work again.  No riding.

Wednesday: Bike day.  I went out with a goal of riding out to Jamesport.  I followed a loose rendition of Percy's RP2IPBPJP ride between ridge and jamesport, where I stopped for coffee.  The way back, I found a cool rusted pair of pliers, which I rode home with.  I really hoped to bring my ride up to 5 hours, but by 4:55 I was completely tired of dicking around the neighborhood.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/251374115
NP/IF/TSS: 172W/0.842/396

Tuesday: Work day.  Worked.

Monday:  Rest day.  Worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment