23.12.12

2013.04: Base 1.4 - 12/17-12/23

This week is a rest week.  Which is good, because I'm feeling rather lazy.  My training challenge is going well.  I've completed two of the weeks with over 10 hours per week and I only need to add just under 3 hours for this week.  Shane has been talking about extending the challenge, which I would like to do, but since work is picking up now I'm not sure I'll have the time to ride that I had before.

Sunday: Work.  No riding.

Saturday: Despite high winds and occasional snow/sleet, I met up with Karl and George to have my ass handed to me.  The entire way out with the wind we were cruising at around 27mph, with me hanging on for dear life at the back.  The way back into the wind dropped to more reasonable 19mph, and I was able to take a couple of pulls, but by the time the ride ended I was cooked.  This probably was not the best idea after how I felt yesterday, but sometimes you just need to get your legs checked.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/253601592
NP/IF/TSS: 203W/0.982/295
Note: this reflects a new CP of 207W as of today.

Friday: No riding.  Lots of lounging.  I tried to do an LT test, but after putting on my HRM I decided that it just wasn't in me.  I opted for more rest and rehydration instead.

Thursday: Went to a holiday party the night before and drank a bit more than I thought.  Waking up was rough, so I got a late start.  I had another more respectable holiday party this night, so I didn't have a whole lot of time to ride.  This was fine, as my legs just weren't there to begin with.  I went out with a goal of 2 hours to complete my training challenge, and that is exactly what I did.  The inside of my thighs were completely raw by the time I got home, though.  I seem to have a problem with wearing shorts and legwarmers.  It just leads to massive chafing.  I'm trying to remember if anything noteworthy happened on this ride, but I don't think so.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/253150442
NP/IF/TSS: N/A (no powertap)

Wednesday: Went to work in the morning.  Eventually, we ran out of things to do, so rather than sort boxes, I offered to just go home so I could get a ride in.  Russell was happy with that, so that's what I did.  I had a decent chunk of daylight, so I figured I would head to old field by roundabout way of port jeff.  There were some heavy winds in spots, but for the most part it wasn't bad.  In the evening, I tried to recable the guru, but while re-adjusting the limits on my RD, I noticed the hanger looked bent.  In bending it, I noticed that it felt very soft, so I took a closer look and lo-and-behold the hanger was cracked.  For some reason, this hanger uses two phillips head screws which are screwed in from the inside, which means the other dropout gets in the way of using a screwdriver.  I have no clue how this was installed in the factory, but I made quick work of stripping both screws.  In the end, I was able to remove one screw, but I had to snap the hanger into a few pieces to get to the second screw.  Long story short, my guru is out of service for an unknown amount of time.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/252981080
NP/IF/TSS: N/A (no powertap)

Tuesday: Work.  No riding.

Monday: Rest day.  Worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment