28.11.12

2013.01: Base 1.1 - 11/26 - 12/2

My astute readership might notice two things about this first post of my 2013 season.  For starters, I'm trying a new naming convention for the different periods (Base 1.1 instead of Base 1 Week 1).  I've decided on this so I can also add the applicable dates without a super long post title.  Plus decimal points look cooler.

The second thing is despite saying "Oh yeah, I'm totally going to do more testing this season" in my pre-season goal post, I have completely forgotten to do any kind of testing last week.  Whoops.

Sunday: My brother felt better, so we went to lunch today.  I don't really remember why I didn't ride earlier in the morning, but I didn't.

Saturday: I was supposed to go to lunch with the family, but my brother wasn't feeling well, so that got cancelled.  Karl was in the area, though, so I met up with him and we did an "easy ride on a hard course".  I think that was what Karl's coach had prescribed.  Basically we did hills out to northport.  My legs were still sore from the rollers, so I wasn't really feeling it, but it was nice to get out.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/248475778
NP/IF/TSS: 204W/1.018/215

Friday: Somewhere deep in the back of my mind I thought I could get up in time for the kreb ride after having gotten home from racing at 3am.  That didn't happen, of course, so I slept in and eventually get on the mountain bike around 1pm.  I rode for roughly 2 hours and it was just getting dark by the time I got back.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/248105982
NP/IF/TSS: N/A

Thursday: Rolllllller races!  Check the race report.  Also, I picked up my replacement replacement zipp disc wheel at work.  It spins smooth, so that ends that saga.

Wednesday: I wanted to get some riding in, but I wanted to make sure my legs were as fresh as possible for the roller races tomorrow.  I aimed for an hour of riding, which took a little creativity by the end of the ride, but I got it done.  I did one or two little efforts to open my legs, but really I didn't feel as rested as I had hoped I would.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/247628326
NP/IF/TSS: 154W/0.769/61*

Tuesday: Cold, wet, rainy day.  I stayed indoors doing mostly nothing.  Eventually I did my last set of spinbatas.  I was able to hit 219 rpm despite being on my 16t.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/247471306

Monday: While mondays are typically designated as rest days, I figured I would get a long base ride in since tuesday is supposed to rain.  This is exactly what I did.  I finally wore my winter jacket, which on the way out I thought might have been a mistake, but turning back into the wind with the setting sun, I was glad to have such warmth.  In yaphank, I had to sneak through a LIPA blockade, and I had to skip coffee in middle island as I was running low on daylight.  Two people complimented me on my ride, one guy on rocky point road, and a kid on mt sinai-whatever road.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/247140215
NP/IF/TSS: 152W/0.758/172*
*You might notice these values are crazy high because I still need to figure out how to change my CP in my new 2013 training file.  EDIT: values have been changed to reflect new CP as of 12/3 of 200W

No comments:

Post a Comment