5.11.12

2012.50: 11/5 - 11/11

Sunday: With the weather so nice lately, I decided to go out for a short recovery ride.  My achilles was bugging me a little bit, so I mostly kept it light, but I did throw in three good efforts, and got two KOMs out of it.  At the top of the sand street climb, I had a squirrel bounce off my front wheel, then off my shoe, then off my back wheel and back into the bushes.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/242507646
NP/IF/TSS: 178W/0.773/83

Saturday: Karl was interested in going for a ride down to babylon bikes.  I had thought he said long, slow distance ride, which sounded great.  It ended up as long, steady distance, which was still fun, but a lot harder than I was planning on.  On the way out, we saw a group of SBRA riders going the opposite direction.  Speaking of the SBRA, some lady asked if we were SBRA members at the train station, but didn't elaborate further when we said "no".  shrug.  Oh, I also wore my R1's today.  They felt great.  My knee was tracking a lot better with them, but I was getting some discomfort on the outside of my leg just above knee level.  By that tendon thing.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/242020938
NP/IF/TSS: 172W/0.746/183

In the evening I did some more spinbatas.  They were particularly half-assed, with a lot of 15/15 intervals instead of the 20/10.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/242507660
NP/IF/TSS: N/A

Friday: Had my face drilled off at the dentist.  Luckily, he was running over a half hour late, so I went to the Kreb for a while before-hand.  I talked to Gregory for a while.  He gave me some solutions to look at for my impending tendinitis.  In the evening I set up my new shoes that I picked up from Roadworx (Colorado, you lucky bastards!).  Fizik R1's.  Hell yeah.  No riding, though.  Mostly just sulking around the house with my tail between my legs.

Thursday: Day two of spinbatas.  They felt less painful than last time, so that's good.  I pointed my aft-facing bow fan (I make no apologies for the nautical terminology I throw into this blog) a little bit lower so it wasn't blowing wind straight in my face, which I think helped with being able to breathe in a halfway useful manner.  I was able to complete maybe 5 of the intervals fully this time?  It's an improvement!
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/241534598
NP/IF/TSS: N/A

Wednesday: No riding.  Did some transverse planks 1x50 and some pushups.

Tuesday: Started up my spinbatas again as there's a roller race at the end of the month.  Doing this caused me to realize a few things.  First, I don't remember at all what gear i used to use for roller work.  I stuck with a 49x16 as i figured it would be nice and light, but I'm wondering if I used to put my 15 on.  Second, I'm having knee tracking issues again.  Riding the rollers no-handed really shows this.  I also feel tension on my hip by the joint, the back inside of my knee, and I feel like I want to rotate my foot ankle-in.  Also, my achilles is starting to feel sore approximately 2 hours after training.  Third, I suck at these spinbata things.  I compared how I felt this time vs the last time I did them and both occasions my main thought was 'holy crap, my throat is burning from this cold, dry air'.  I'll have to figure out what to do about this leg issue. EDIT: I also did 3x10 squats
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/240993386
NP/IF/TSS:

Monday: No riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment