7.11.12

2013: A Look Ahead

My start for next season is rapidly approaching, so let's break down my goals for next year:

1. Sub 1:15 kilo
2. Win Opening Weekend and/or States
3. Race Pro-Am (Upgrade to Cat 2)

These are some pretty steep goals this year, but I don't think they're unattainable.  Right now my motivation levels are much higher than last year, so hopefully this will help me keep up higher training levels.  In addition, I'm planning on placing a greater emphasis on proper rest, nutrition and most importantly testing.  I'd like to start incorporating rest week testing including a graded test and a kilo to ensure I'm headed in the right direction.  I'm also going to try to complete more interval sessions and incorporate high geared hill climbing instead of weight lifting.  Off the bike, I'll still keep up with my core work, and throw some plyos in for good measure.

As for A races, same as always, opening weekend and states.  The big thing is instead of top 5 or even top 3, I'd like to actually all-out win.  With the help of the team and my training changes, I think this will not be too hard to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment