4.11.12

2012: A look back

I know I still have a few weeks until my season is officially over.  I might even do a couple of cyclocross races during that time.  But I'm bored, and I figure I might as well get this season review done and over with. So let's see how my year went.

Here were my goals for the season:

1. 1:15 Kilo - nope
2. Top 5 at Kissena Opening Weekend and State Championships - check
3. Qualify for Elite Track National Championships - sorta

Once again my hope for a sub 1:15 kilo has evaded me.  I'll probably give it another try next year.  I have succeeded in staying top 5 for both opening weekend and states, despite my best efforts to screw up at opening weekend.  Finally, there were no qualifiers for elite nats, so I could have gone and done timed events, but the real spirit of the goal was to get to cat 2 and race all mass-start events.  I call this 50%.  Could be worse, I suppose.

That said, let's look at some of the highlights:
1st - Lehigh Laps
1st - Labor Day Meet
2nd - NY State Track Championships
3rd - Kingsbridge Armory Velodrome Roller race
4th - Kissena Opening Weekend

I also was able to race Tandemonium at T-town, and I won money at Kissena (opening weekend), Garden State Velodrome (keirin final), and four times at T-town - once each in stagiares, pro/am (combined with stagiares), friday night (tandemonium), and lehigh laps.

Beyond this, the team has really picked up.  We got some fast new riders, fast new kits.  I'd call this season a success.  Thanks, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment