22.11.12

2012.52: 11/19 - 11/25 - End of Season

Well here is the last week of my 2012 season.  With these colder temperatures, my motivation is already getting tested, but I think I should be able to train harder than last year.

Sunday: Andy came by so I could help him with his bike.  We were hoping it would be a quick fix followed by a nice 3 hour base ride.  Things ended up a bit more complicated than we figured, and in the end we only had time for a short mountain bike ride, which I thought was still pretty fun.  I felt really smooth by the end of the ride.  A lot better than yesterday, where I felt like my depth perception was wayy off.  This of course means I've already gone way under my 10 hours per week goal, but Shane and I agreed that it's an average, and we now added one rest week, so the challenge is now 40 hours in 5 weeks.  Phew.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/247140227
NP/IF/TSS: N/A

Saturday: It was really windy today, and I was still feeling lazy, so I figured instead of hating everything by facing a wall of wind for a few hours, I hid away into the woods on the monocogo.  I tried another black diamond section, which was way too hilly for me and got me completely lost.  I managed to make it out of the woods again, though, but somehow I still only logged just over two hours of riding.  Who knows how that works.  On a side note, I found one of those rubber bracelets on the trail.  It said 'secret service' and had a phone number and secretservice.gov on it.  It intrigued me, but I just hung it on the trailhead board when I left.  Hopefully the rightful owner finds it again.  EDIT: Also, I shifted my SPD cleats back about 1cm or so.  In the evening I cleaned and retensioned my chain.  This wouldn't be big news on any other bike, but I do so little maintenance on the monocogo that I figure it warrants a mention here.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/246377413
NP/IF/TSS: N/A
In the evening I did spinbatas with my regular 16t.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/246446082

Friday: I was definitely feeling tired today.  Generally, I would just lounge around in bed all day, but since Shane and I have this challenge going of riding at least 10 hours a week.  This gave me the motivation to get out and ride for a little bit.  I just went to the regular beaches real slow.  On the way back a guy in a panel van passed me way too close, so I chased after him and gave him a piece of my mind.  He apologized profusely, which made me feel like a jerk then.  Oh well.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/246059465
NP/IF/TSS: 192W/0.832/80

Thursday: Thanksgiving day, which means one thing:  Ron's 'Wild Turkey' ride.  There was a good group of guys and girl that showed up, with the weather warming up as the day went on.  My legs were feeling pretty beat up, but I was still able to keep up fine.  My two-year-old KOM for the powerplant climb finally got beat by both Jeremy and me.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/245751884
NP/IF/TSS: 206W/0.890/249

Wednesday: More low resistance spinbatas.  These felt harder, and my data seems to reflect that with lower max cadences per interval.  Shane and I are also creating training challenges for each other.  Details to follow.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/245591530

Tuesday: I switched the track bike to a 49x15 gearing to see how my spinbatas would change.  I hit higher cadences, but it seems the slope of my fade was still similar.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/245332880

Monday: I seem to have screwed up my achilles again on my ride yesterday.  Rather than make matters worse, I tried my hardest to do nothing all day.  In reality, I did ride to take care of a drug screening for that oyster sloop that I volunteer on.  In the evening, I did 3x10 squats.

No comments:

Post a Comment