31.8.12

2012.40: 8/27 - 9/2

Sunday: I decided to check out the 20th annual hudson tugboat race today.  It was pretty cool.  I stopped at the frying pan afterward for lunch, and then to keep with the maritime theme, I rode to the staten island ferry and then rode back up to Jersey City over the Bayonne bridge, making sure to go past Snug Harbor.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/218078803
NP/IF/TSS: N/A

Saturday: Rode over to brooklyn to help Josh move to his new place.  Rode home.  Did nothing.

Friday: No riding.  My hamstrings hurt from not warming up before spinning my brains out last night.  Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Thursday: No riding during the day.  I did some goldsprints at night.  See that race report, too.  EDIT: No data, no report.  I'll just write it all here.  The final public showing of triple rush episodes was today, followed by goldsprints.  It was held at the Chrome store, which is a really cool place.  The people that work there seem awesome based on Gil's party and this.  I got there early to help set up, and the party started rolling around 6:30.  Team Josh was in charge of the keg, which was being very temperamental.  After the foam stopped, $1 PBRs started flowing, and things were good.  This was the first episode of triple rush that I saw, and it looked pretty interesting.  I had a hard time paying attention as I was helping Josh with bartending duties a little bit, so I'll have to check it out online.  There were a ton of people registered for Goldsprints, so it was basically done as two-up timed seeding, and then finals for the two fastest times.  The fork mounts were temperamental as well, and heather's bike popped out of the mount on one run, bending the dropout.  I put my bike on as it had enough chain to run the 48x17 gear to keep everything standard between bikes.  I got the fastest time, just ahead of Corey the Courier.  This put us in the finals, with me narrowly beating him for the win.  I won a goat fgfs frame, which was too big and not really something I would do anything with anyhow, so when Corey asked if I'd be willing to sell it, I said hell no, I'll just trade for your prizes.  So now I own a medium goat sweatshirt, a youth large (it fits!) king kog t-shirt and a mess queen purple zebra stripe beer cozy.  Corey said he'd also get me some messenger edition helmet, which sounds cool, so I think I came out just fine.

Wednesday: Raced at Kissena in the evening.  See the race report for that.  In the morning, however, I did ride over to hauppauge to pick up the key to my brother's house.  My legs started out feeling pretty fatigued from racing the night before, but I felt pretty good by the time I got home.  Granted, I was also going a lot slower at the end.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/216633545
NP/IF/TSS: 210W/0.911/71

Tuesday: Raced at T-town.  See race report.

Monday: No riding.  Resting before three days in a row of racing.

No comments:

Post a Comment