9.8.12

2012.37: 8/6 - 8/12

Sunday: No riding again.  Helped out at the CRCA club championships.  For some stupid reason, I didn't see the point of bringing my bike.  Yeah, I'm dumb sometimes.  Regardless, it was a fun event.  Josh got a 1:15 kilo, I was impressed.  Tad stopped by with his dogs, too, so I talked to him for a bit.

Saturday: No riding.  Too much drinking carbo-loading instead.

Friday: Did some cadence work.  The usual 1 minute on, 4 off deal.  155-165-175-165-155rpm.  I felt really good on the way up, 170 hurt, and so did the way back down.  I'd call it a success.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/208982594

Thursday: For the sake of full disclosure, I spent all of today alternating between feeling sleepy and feeling like I had to poop.  I did find some time to ride to the pharmacy to pick up some new batteries for the ol' powertap.  I was going to try them out by riding up sheldrake and fruita in port jeff, but I opted for another nap instead.  Stand by for the results.  EDIT: I just looked into it, these batteries lasted roughly as long as the other ones at a mere 200 hours.  Half of the reported 400h lifetime.

Wednesday: Raced at the track.  See race report.  I also rode around the neighborhood to try to clear my mind a little.  No data for that.

Tuesday: Through the wonders of the facetubes, I was able to get Karl to give me some coaching and it was decided that I would do sprints today.  Of course my powertap cut out again before the first sprint, so I have no meaningful data.  I've also shifted my sprint start location a little bit.  I now start by the crosswalk at the dune cut-out and finish at the first cross walk by the beach house.  This gives a shorter, more realistic sprint and I think it makes for a safer sprint as I can abort the sprint effort more easily now if anyone is looking like they'll walk across the cut-out crosswalk.  As far as my ability to complete these new intervals, I think I alternated good, meh, good, meh, good.  That said, here's a pile of numbers:
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/207852574
NP/IF/TSS: N/A (incomplete data)

Interval - Max Speed (MPH) - Max Power (W) - Max Cadence (RPM)
1 - 33.4 - ? - 130
2 - 33.0 - ? - 128
3 - 32.4 - ? - 124
4 - 32.1 - ? - 124
5 - 32.7 - ? - 125

Monday: Rest day.  Rested.

No comments:

Post a Comment