24.8.12

2012.39: 8/20-8/26 - Post-Race

These next two weeks will most likely mark my gentle descent into the off season.  We'll see if I actually keep up with the blog in the off-season this year.

Sunday: My knees were hurting a bit, so I took it easy and worked on the boat a little.  It should be ready to rock after labor day.

Saturday: I felt motivated to do some hills.  Originally, I was thinking about doing a long steady ride, but switched to something more punishing on the way out.  I gave sheldrake a big effort, and didn't feel like I really recovered after that.  There was a patch of missing road on Liberty, which slowed me down, but looking at my time for it, I actually was riding pretty close to my PR.  I guess the sluggishness was more mental.  It might have been a nutrition issue again, though.  I really aught to read more about sports nutrition as I think that's really one of my weak points right now.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/214888920
NP/IF/TSS: 209W/0.903/160

Friday: I was originally planning on either doing the Kreb morning ride or Kreb race, but I ended up helping Dan with another project all day.

Thursday: Hung over.  No riding.

Wednesday: Raced at Kissena.  Check out the race report.  Afterward, I went to the 'Premium Rush' afterparty thing.  A bunch of team-mates were there.  It was fun.

Tuesday: No riding.

Monday: My legs were feeling much better today, so I figured I would get out on the bike again.  I was originally planning on heading to Port Jeff and maybe hitting a couple of the steeper climbs there, but on the way out I decided it was a beautiful day, so why not try something a little longer.  I dropped on over to bellport to stop by the water and visit the Kreb.  Jen was looking for a 650c fork with a 1" steerer, and I happened to remember that the Kreb used to have a little red wagon full of them.  As my luck generally goes, the wagon was now full of water bottles and all the forks had been sold on ebay or something.  Boo.  I took a small detour on the way back past my uncle's old house, almost got smashed to bits by a moving truck in yaphank, and started to feel like bonking somewhere around church street.  Got home alive though, so that's what's important.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/213051252
NP/IF/TSS: 161W/0.696/150

No comments:

Post a Comment