24.5.12

2012.26: shrug. still trying to figure it out

Sunday: Well I haven't updated this in a few days, so I don't remember what happened.  No riding, apparently. Pretty sure I was out late again and it was stupidly humid.  I think dan and I rode bikes in the evening, though.  Just fixed gear riding to stony brook and a stop in the velvet lounge when it started to rain a little.

Saturday: See above for why my memory is hazy, but I think I helped out at the shop for a little bit and then went for a short ride afterward, but before church.  I think my original plan was to ride to greenport for this tall ship festival, but I think I was out late on friday and so I didn't get a good night's sleep at all.  Regardless,  it was a mostly easy ride with a hard sprint to the lighthouse.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/182341952
NP/IF/TSS: 204W/0.881/101

 Friday: The plan was to ride down to the kreb ride, but a late night combined with fog and rain meant I got a late start as always.  Instead, while debating riding on the wet roads at all after having just cleaned the bike (always the case), I decided to check the ol' marine traffic AIS map.  As fate would have it, there was a regatta of at least 6 sailboats cruising past long beach at that very moment.  My guess is they were looking to head to greenport for the tall ship festival thingamabob.  So I got changed quick, skipping base layer and HRM strap, TT'd my way to the beach to see what I could find.  Just one boat, but it was regal and I loved it.  I guess the rest went around old field point already.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/181970629
NP/IF/TSS: 234W/1.015/63

Thursday: Weather kind of sucked.  Went on a coffee and boat adventure instead.  No riding, but I did clean the road bike, change the fork on the future montauk century fixed gear, and swap out the race wheels on the track bike.

Wednesday: Twilight track series at Kissena.  See race report.  no other riding.

Tuesday: Intent was to go to T-town to try the first tuesday night race.  We got there too late to register and just watched.  No other riding.

Monday: rest day.  no riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment