2.5.12

2012.23: Race Week!

Well here it is again.  Race week.  This Saturday and Sunday is Opening Weekend at the track.  Hopefully the rains hold off and the race fields fill up.

Saturday/Sunday: Kissena Opening Weekend.  See the race report.  No other riding was done.

Friday: Spun around the neighborhood for a little bit to loosen up the legs.  Nothing to write home about.  Or to write on this blog.

Thursday: Easyish spin to work out the legs.  Tried to go hard on one strava segment, but I had shifting problems at the end and gave up.  My legs still feel sore.  We'll see how the weekend is.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/174465067
NP/IF/TSS: 212/0.918/71

Wednesday: Was going to do the wednesday evening hill ride, but the weather was looking pretty rainy.  So I did nothing instead.  I might have done some squats.  I feel like that was something that could have happened.

Tuesday: Rode to Campus Bicycle between the raindrops to see if they had some more spoke nipples and a 5.5mm hex tool that I could borrow.  Thankfully, they had both, so I spent the rest of the day rebuilding my track wheel.  It is looking good to go now, all I need to do is tie and solder and reglue my tub.  Thanks, guys!

Monday: While normally a rest day, tuesday and wednesday are looking rainy, so I decided to get some sprints in this day.  I was running out of time, so I decided to try some hill climbs instead.  I did one all out effort going up cordwood and I felt like I was coughing up blood.  I don't know if it was the pollen, or the sudden cold, dry wind.  I rode down branglebrink hoping to recover, but it was not to be.  I decided to cut my losses and limp home.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/173475611
NP/IF/TSS: 247W/1.070/41

No comments:

Post a Comment