31.1.12

2012.10: Base 3 Week 2

Sunday: Tried doing some spin tabatas again.  Oh boy did that fail.  I think I didn't really eat enough beforehand.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/147529316

Saturday: nothing. I don't even remember. I think I cleaned the glue off my road tubs. I also scheduled an appointment with a sports medicine doctor to look at this stupid achilles of mine.  That was either today or yesterday.  I don't remember.

Friday: Quick and relatively easy ride to Miller Place to pick up some rubber stoppers for a project of mine.  Took a little while to find the lab supply place.  Turns out it's just run out of some guy's house.  My achilles was a little sore on the way out, but then limbered up.  Then on the way back it started to get sore again.  Fuck this.  That's all I have to say.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/146883805
NP/IF/TSS: 174/0.669/78

Thursday: Skipped riding again to nurse this achilles of mine.

Wednesday: Another beautiful day, but rather than destroy my achilles some more, I just took it easy.  2 hours of walking by the beach and back.

Tuesday:  Planned on meeting Ron and the SBRA guys in Holtsville, then maybe tacking on a few extra miles.  On the way out, I got a flat from a sewing pin through my back tire.  I tried to hustle to change the tire and then sprinted to the ecology center, but I got there 5 minutes past.  At this point I had no clue where the guys were or where they were headed, so I sprinted down one way that I thought maybe they would be.  Never saw them, so eventually I cooled the pace down a little and settled in for a long ride.  The day was beautiful, great weather.  Just perfect with leg and arm warmers.  On the way back, my achilles started hurting again.  Even so, I decided to head back along north country road instead of just facing a wall of wind the whole way back along 347.  Tried to hustle up zophar mills in wading river.  Stopped for lunch at a deli in miller place, then stopped at a few beaches on the way back.  A few extra miles nearing home and I got a solid 100 miles in.  Go me.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/146255984
NP/IF/TSS: 173/0.664/283

Monday: Rest day.  Rested

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had time and weather to get in 100 miles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm pretty much awesome. Also, I sure need to pay more attention to when I get comments.

      Delete