24.1.12

2012.09: Base 3 Week 1

Sunday: No riding.  Did some calf exercises in the evening.

Saturday: Once again the plan was to try Percy's ride.  Once again I only woke up at 1pm.  So I did my own little ride around town.  I was aiming for a mostly tempo pace, with a little bit of rest at the beaches and some spots here and there along the way.  I call it fartlek tempo.  Most people would probably call it half-assed.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/145374467
NP/IF/TSS: 195W/0.751/127

Friday: More rain.  Didn't feel like subjecting myself to the rollers.  So I did nothing.

Thursday: rainy day.  Looking at my base 3 schedule, I can now do some harder efforts.  Tonight I did some cruise intervals.  3x6minutes.  I was going to do 4 minute rests, but after the first interval, I decided on just 3 minute rests.  Then I forgot and did a 4 minute rest between intervals 2&3.  oh well.  I also fell off the rollers between those two, launching into a box of spare christmas light bulbs.  Hopefully they're still in one piece.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/144887234
NP/IF/TSS: 177W/0.679/31
avg power (W):
Int1- 219
Int2- 210
Int3- 225

Wednesday: For some reason despite wearing my assos skinsuit under my jersey yesterday, my ass really hurt.  So I took the day off.  Rode around the block a few times late in the day.  Walked at night.

Tuesday: Temps in the 50s means a long day in the office.  Or at least what I had planned to be a long day in the office.  I decided to head out east and ride past the buffalo farm, opting to extend my ride a little by going to Iron Pier Beach Park.  I felt really good on the way out.  The riding was fast and easy.  Then I turned back around.  Oh headwind.  What a slog heading back along Sound ave.  Then I bonked.  I crawled my way back to mount sinai, but had to stop at a bagel store.  Earlier in the ride, I also had some garmin trouble.  I recently switched to 25's on the road bike, so I figured I would let garmin auto correct the size, but somehow it came up with a size half as large as I had for the 23's.  My power numbers also seemed really low on the way back into the wind.  I don't know if that was related to the imminent bonk, or if I need to recalibrate my ptap as well.  Technology....pffft.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/144388992
NP/IF/TSS: 168W/0.645/194

Monday: Rest day.  Needless to say, after last week I rested.

2 comments:

  1. Did you ever get the tire stuff figured out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just set it to the old tire size. I should probably actually measure one day.

      Delete