27.12.11

2012.05: Base 2 Week 1

Sunday: No riding again.

Saturday: After yesterday's ride I needed roughly 125 miles.  The plan was to ride out to Rocky Point, do Percy's RP2IPBP-JP ride, try out Percy's new espresso machine and then ride home with whatever detours would be necessary in order to meet my mileage.  In reality, I woke up to rain.  So I went back to bed, waking up around 1pm, so I gave up on riding at all.

Friday: Some quick math told me that I needed to do two days of 118ish miles each in order to complete the festive 500.  Why not, I figured.  As such, I rode down to bellport to meet up with the friday morning Kreb ride, did the ride, then rode up to the LIE service road and over to Syosset.  Along the way I met up with a guy training for a triathlon by the name of Avi.  Nice guy, conversation helped to keep my mind off the fact that I was already 70 miles in to my day.  He showed me a cool back way up to Pulaski.  We parted ways there and I got to Roadworx to pick up some parts that I had ordered.  Chatted for a while as usual, then headed back home, almost being hit by a pickup truck that didn't understand the principles of how to properly pass someone on a bicycle.  What else is new.  All in all it only ended up being roughly 110 miles, but still better than nothing.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/137577910
NP/IF/TSS: 168W/0.647/286

Thursday: This week is more than half over and my riding has gone straight downhill.  Maybe I should have stayed in the city longer.  I had signed up for this strava festive 500 thing, where I'm supposed to ride 500km between the 23rd and 31st of December.  It sounded like a piece of cake based on the amount of riding I had done in the city, but now I'm pretty sure I'm fucked.

Wednesday: Nothing.  Did some transverse planks at night.

Tuesday: Rode down to Penn station from the apartment.  Managed to make it in time for the train, so kudos to me.  Data to follow.  Also, it was a solid headwind the whole way down.  That part sucked.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/137350417

Monday: rest day.  rested.

No comments:

Post a Comment