5.12.11

Race: LI Cyclocross #2 12/4

Today was race number two of the LICX series. I had said that I would help set up and possibly race, but I was very tempted to just stay home and sleep through it, as I got minimal sleep throughout the night. However, my current aspirations to not be an asshole prevailed and i dragged myself out of bed. After having a minimal breakfast due to bugs eating my chocolate chips (stupid bugs), I rode to the course and got to work. After set-up, I did some warm-up laps of the course trying to think of any excuse not to race. This is what I came up with:
-Too tired
-Not enough nutrition
-Sore from roller racing
-Should probably help as a course marshal
-Poor shifting
-Forgot my race license

Of course, Gregory and Chris convinced me to still give it a go, even if to ride easy. I did another lap and felt a little better and then lined up for the start. I started mid-rear of the pack, as I had no aspirations to do well at all. The start of the first lap up until the barrier I was able to make up some ground, however, but then over the next lap or two, I started dropping back again. My lower back started killing me and I decided to throw in the towel after the third lap. I went through half the race, which was good enough for me. In hindsight, had I kept up with it, I probably would have done better than I thought, but whatever. There's always next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment