13.12.11

2012.03: Base 1 Week 3

Sunday: Got to ride up to Piermont with Brean.  It was a cold day, windy, etc.  But all in all, a fun ride and nice to finally get to ride with Brean on the road.  I ended up riding back down to Staten Island with him and taking the ferry back over to manhattan.  I met a guy on the ferry that's trying to sell some vintage italian bikes and some other stuff.  Maybe I'll take a look at the wares.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/135268764
NP/IF/TSS: 185W/0.71/219

Saturday: No riding.  Did some work around the house instead.  Eventually I headed to the city to help take care of my brother's cats for a few days.

Friday: Rode for a little near the end of the day just because I could. I felt pretty out of it the whole ride. I don't know if that's a lack of riding or something else (lack of quality sleep is a certain possibility). Either way, I almost bit it hard when I turned onto the little MUP at west meadow beach. I had my hands off the bars to unzip my jacket when a gust of wind hit me. It blew me one way, I oversteered opposite, unclipped one pedal and rolled into the sand. Fortunately, I didn't go down, but unfortunately for my nice clean drive train, I kicked up a ton of sand, so more cleaning tonight.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/134829213
NP/IF/TSS: 173W/0.665/62

Thursday: It was supposed to rain today, so I figured I would just skip riding. It didn't though. It was windy, however, so I feel better about being a bum.

Wednesday: Stopped in at Roadworx for a DFU demonstration. We came to the conclusion that my achilles trouble is tendinitis from doing deep squats and my knee trouble is probably a pulled muscle from riding goofy. The prescription is just to ease into riding again. So there.

Tuesday: Based on the right leg pains I've been having, I've decided it might be in my best interest to take it easy this week. It sounds like I might have tendinitis. I'm heading to Roadworx (home of the new Guru DFU) tomorrow, so I'll have to ask Will what the heck I'm doing wrong. Maybe it's a cleat issue. Maybe I just suck at riding.

Monday: Felt better today, so even though monday should be a rest day, I decided to get a short spin in. I rode to the lighthouse and the beach as usual. My achilles started acting up again on the ride, though, so I headed back home instead of checking out the other two beaches. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/134235001
NP/IF/TSS: 171W/0.656/58

No comments:

Post a Comment