19.12.11

2012.04: Base 1 Week 4 - Rest

Well this is supposed to be my rest week after my first base set, but since training was so intermittent and since I'm in NYC, I'm planning on doing some non-rest style riding.

Sunday: Christmas day.  Did the traditional J-Crew ride with Ron and company.  I think we had 7 people this year, which is always nice.  It was a pretty timid ride, which is also nice this time of year.  I did go full bore on river road though, but didn't get any PR's or anything via strava.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/136318650
No power data.

Saturday: No riding.  Woke up late, packed, heading home soon.

Friday: Out to Piermont again with Andy.  It was a good not-quite-training ride consisting of turning the screws on each other for most of the ride.  It also was a bit of a shakedown ride for the newly installed Force crank and RD on his bike.  We visted Mattie at work and had some coffee and muffins down in Piermont and then headed back along 9W.  A typical NYC ride, if I do say so myself.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/136045621
NP/IF/TSS: 199W/0.765/117

Thursday: Rode to Bear Mountain with Tadeusz.  The ride was a lot hillier than I figured.  My legs were definitely hurting by the end.  Also, looking at my power numbers from GCheetah, I'm starting to think I need to re-evaluate my CP, as this ride certainly felt like it should have been above a TSS of 300.  We'll have to see how long it takes for my legs to recover.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/135897631
NP/IF/TSS: 187W/0.719/265

Wednesday: No riding.  Went home for the day.

Tuesday: Very late start today.  Like 2pm or so.  As such, all I did was ride across the GWB and up the full length of River Road.  It was surprisingly hilly, particularly the end.  I had a weird spike in my power data, but replaced it with zeros in GCheetah in order to come to my power numbers below.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/135586911
NP/IF/TSS: 210W/0.809/82

Monday: Rest day.  Rested after yesterday's ride and Gil's going away party.  I walked around the South Street Seaport late in the day and went to a marine supply place to price out a sextant.

No comments:

Post a Comment