18.7.11

RACE: Kissena Twilight Series 7/13

This report is once again looking back into the mists of time, so I'm sure it will be lacking in most, if not all, the details. I remember it was balls hot. Possibly slightly windy as well. This would be my first night in the 1/2/3's. Only 4 showed up. Al B, Joe B, Andrew W and me.

The first event of the night was a Miss and Out. Since there was only 4 of us, the format was changed slightly to have 2 neutral laps, pull, pull, neutral again, sprint. Pretty sure that was how it went. Anyhow, I'm pretty sure I sat up front again to make sure I didn't get pulled for some stupid reason. This ended up with just Al and me. I rode up front, going up high on the banking. Al made his move and I tried to jump after him, but I wasn't really on the ball. He got a good gap that I just couldn't close. 1st to him, 2nd to me.

Next was a 7 lap Tempo. Al got the first two sprints, then gave me the next sprint. Sprint 4 I was able to nip him at the line bringing us even in points. That sprint was enough to put me too far in the red however, so I fell back for the next two, with about a 10m gap behind Al. The final sprint I tried to bridge up, but some quick math in my head showed I wouldn't have the points to beat him at 8 to 6 with 3,2,1 available at the line. I rolled in for another second with first to Al again.

The final race was supposed to be a feature of some sorts. Unfortunately some random thunder and rain put an end to that. Karl, Steve and Andy rode a quick team sprint to prep for states and that was that.

No comments:

Post a Comment