25.7.11

2011.34: 7/18-7/24 - Race!!

Sunday: the race! the A race, in fact. known as: STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS! woo-ha! See the race report. Also, post-race I rode around with danny on the fixed gears. Major jungle butt was happening, possibly soon to turn to saddle sores. At least we were able to soothe our woes with delicious pumpkin spice beer from harvards. Is it almost fall already?

Saturday: Same as yesterday. by the end of the day my copious amounts of aloe seemed to have taken the edge off the pain on the sunburn. Hopefully I can wear my skinsuit tomorrow without screaming in agony. Also, in the evening I went to Danny's for some grillin' and drinkin'. Probably a terrible idea for before states, but it's not like I was going to sleep well anyhow.

Friday: Stupid hot and stupid sunburned don't mix. Stayed inside and cried. While watching le tour.

Thursday: went to the beach with soap. Got stupidly sunburned. Turns out when they say UV rays are still really bad even on a cloudy/foggy/hazy day, they're telling the truth. Who'd have thought. Also, I neglected to mention that yesterday I rode Aria, the PedalForce as I got fed up with my fork problems on Gigi the Guru. I'm going to either have to re-epoxy the aluminum insert on my alphaQ or otherwise just buy a new fork. The bike was just handling so poorly without being able to properly preload the headset bearings.

Wednesday: No racey-racey. Probably should have gone in order to fine tune for states, but...eh. Rode out to the lighthouse again, then stopped at West Meadow. I actually got off the bike this time and waded in the water for a little. It was honestly a really great day. One of those real lazy summer days. Sitting on the jetty watching the boats come in and out. Thought I saw a cute girl a little further down the beach with a cruiser bike. Turns out looks can be deceiving from far away. Whoops. Story of my life.
Time: 01:35:51
Distance: 27.98mi
Speed: 17.5/35.7mph
Cadence: 85/144rpm
HR: none
NP/IF: none

Tuesday: More resting. Just for good measure. I think I went boating with danny. Good times. Note to self: Don't run out of gas in front of the ferry as it's powering out to Connecticut.

Monday: Rest day. Rested. And was sore. From trying to spin too much at the roller races. I think I pulled muscles I didn't even know I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment