13.7.11

2011.33: 7/11-7/17 - Peak

Sunday: Did the Kissena international omnium and then headed to the Morgan for some pro invitational roller races. Fortunately I was able to get in on the invitational part, not so much pro. See the race report for the int'l omnium, but i'll post here about the roller race since it wasn't official. There were lots of big names there: Giddeon Massie, Andy Lakatosh, Gibby Hatton and a few others. Al Barouh and I were holding up the local contingent. My first heat I went up against lakatosh and i forget who else. About midway through the sprint I started hearing "whoa! whoa!" and thought something had happened so i cut my effort. needless to say i came in last on that one. Second heat I made sure not to stop halfway through. Forgot who i was up against. maybe al and someone else? Regardless, came in last again but at least held my dignity on this one. The final round I was able to do was against Giddeon. just two up. What a blast that one was. I went all out for it and my sunglasses actually fell off my head and just stuck in my fork, melting the earpiece a little. Just for facts and details, first round I was on the red rollers held up by scott demel, second was the middle rollers, blue i think. held up by mr. hatton. Final round were the green? rollers held by Dave Perry. What a great night though.
Heat 3: forgot to turn on my garmin. boo.

Saturday: really short spin workout on the rollers to prep for tomorrow. not much to see here:

Friday: did the Kreb ride for once. Surprisingly, it didn't suck. Though I did get a flat. In the parking lot before I left. What a pain. The rest of the ride was uneventful however. It seemed like the big riders were more focused on the climby section than the motorpace section at the end.
Time: 03:24:05
Distance: 65.34mi
Speed: 19.2/35.9mph
Cadence: 92/135rpm
HR: 153/194bpm
NP/IF: 191W/0.737

Thursday: nothing. resting or something.

Wednesday: raced at the track. see the race report that may or may not exist at some point. No other bicycle usage of note.

Tuesday: on vacation. nothing.
EDIT: this is a lie. I rode in the evening.
Time: 01:18:31
Distance: 21.84mi
Speed: 16.7/37.8mph
Cadence: 83/215 rpm (pretty sure that one is wrong)
HR: 160/190bpm
NP/IF: 197W/0.759

Monday: on vacation. nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment