18.3.13

2013.16: Build 1.4 - 3/11-3/17

This is that big week in the yearly calendar that includes all the cool dates.  311 day, pi day, the ides of march, and st pats.  What a mix.  Note that IMHO 311 actually sucks.

Also note that this should have been a rest week.  Since the last few weeks were pitiful, I've changed my plan to be two weeks hard (this week & next), rest week, 2 weeks hard, rest week.

Sunday: Day off, so I tried to get a good long endurance ride in, fixed gear style.  I only got out the door around 3pm, so it wasn't too long.  This turned out to be perfectly fine, because I was completely tore up by the time I got home.  I had two gels during the ride and was still bonking at the end.  Usually I can go 60ish miles with just one gel.  I don't know if it's the fixed gear or just general suckage.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/285823376
NP/IF/TSS: N/A

Saturday: I wanted to ride to work again today, but this time I had to bring my personal set of cleaning brushes.  Some times I wish work actually provided basic supplies to do my job.

Friday: Rode again today.  Colder and windier, with a much less enjoyable return trip.  There was a more realistic number of drivers on the way home.  Which sucked.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/284715347
NP/IF/TSS: 205W/0.927/210

Thursday: No riding today.  I wanted to, but I had to bring in my personal tools to work again.

Wednesday: Rode to work.  Going in was a pretty good headwind, but it was warm(ish) and nice on the way back.  The roads were surprisingly quiet, too.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/284077876
NP/IF/TSS: 203W/0.916/204

Tuesday: Intervals in the afternoon.  3x4min with 4 min rest.  I had to shut it down for a little bit halfway through the middle interval, but I was able to mostly power through the third.  Also, I forgot my HRM, so no HR data.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/283655419

NP/IF/TSS: 206W/0.932/45
Int / Avg Power / Max Power / Avg Cadence
1 - 271 - 306 - 100 -
2 - 253 - 330 - 100 -
3 - 271 - 334 - 103 -


Monday: One more rest day.  Rested.  Now that daylight savings is saving daylight, I used today to see just how much daylight I would have after work.  I've deemed it to be a sufficient amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment