15.1.13

2013.08: Base 2.4 - 1/14 - 1/20

Rest Week!  Even though Base 2 was a little bit of a waste.

Sunday: Post team party hangover ride.  I woke up feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed, steve less so, jen far less so.  Eventually, we got out the door and met Dave a half hour late, which was already a half hour after we should have met, so we got across the GWB an hour after we were supposed to meet Brean and co.  They ended up riding ahead, but I think we saw them on the road.  We definitely saw Shane.  As for non-team people, I saw Sree, Amy, and Konrad.  The four of us stopped at the coffee shop inside piermont bicycles again, where I saw my photo in Peloton magazine, and we also talked to Mattie for a bit.  Dave had to get his hustle on, so we headed back, stopping for a second time at strictly bicycles.  After the ride, Jen, Steve and I got some sweet Indian food, and then I dropped Steve off at Grand Central.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/264358950
NP/IF/TSS: 149W/0.679/225

Saturday: No riding.  Work early, then I had to get to the team meeting/party.  The weather was great, though.

Friday: Rest again.  I don't really remember why I didn't ride in the morning.

Thursday: Despite generally doing absolutely nothing on rest weeks, I decided to ride for a second time.  I gave commuting to work a shot.  It was not too cold, but a stiff 10-15kt headwind the whole way.  It still felt pretty good, so I'll have to try to make this a weekly thing.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/263219456
NP/IF/TSS: 209W/0.950/110

Wednesday: Took it easy.

Tuesday: No work, limited motivation, but I got out eventually.  I couldn't really decide on a way to go, but eventually I settled on old town down to yaphank, then back along woodside.  I saw some fire department action coming into yaphank and again turning off river road.  Looking ahead, I saw a plume of smoke and figured I had a decent chance of seeing whatever was on fire from woodside.  As it turns out, it was something in a housing development right off woodside, but I couldn't tell what exactly.  Exciting stuff.  On a side note, my chamois was crushing my nuts on my ride today.  Not comfortable in the least.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/262487529
NP/IF/TSS: 170W/0.771/141

Monday: No riding.  Rest day.  I also replaced the batteries in my powertap today.  They only lasted 166 hours this time, instead of the 200 of the past few times, or the 400 hours that they are supposed to last.  Interestingly, one battery was at .25v, but the other was still at 1.6V.  Stupid technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment