2.1.13

2013.06: Base 2.2 - 12/31 - 1/6

My astute readership might notice that I have been writing the past three weekly synopses as 2012.XX.  Whoops.  I've changed them now.

Sunday: Team ride with Shane and then Jen.  We also rode for a short time with Hannah Trimble and someone else that I forgot the name of.  Stephanie, maybe?  Regardless, shane and I started with a lap of CP, then we waited for the others at the GWB, where we ran into Robert Marcus.  After that, we rode river road, then went up to piermont where we saw mattie, josh S, tomi, and a few others.  After a coffee break, we rode some hills up by nyack, then came back down.  From being sickish, I was having a hard time eating enough on the ride as no food was appealing.  This meant that I was pretty cooked by the end of the ride.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/258995752
NP/IF/TSS: N/A (no powertap)

Saturday: No riding.  Worked in the morning, family holiday party in the evening, went into the city at night.

Friday:  No riding.  Work.  I think maybe it was rainy or something, too?  I don't really remember.  Oh yeah, I was sick.

Thursday: No riding.  Work, I guess.  Probably getting over being sick.

Wednesday: Work, but I actually got on the bike for a little bit in the evening.  I just did some single leg drills.  1 minute per leg, 30 seconds spinning between legs, 5 times.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/257329224

Tuesday: I wanted to do a long ride with either Ron or Karl to start the year off right, but instead I slept in waaay late and then did a short ride.  It was for the best, because even this short, easy ride involved some knee pain.  The way out to the beach was fine, but turning back around it started to hurt.  I don't know if this is because this is when I finally started feeling really cold, or just coincidence.  On the way back, I stopped for a natural break and when I got back on the bike my knee stopped hurting for a while again.  What does it all mean?  I rode aria with the campy wheels, so no power data.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/256786835
NP/IF/TSS: N/A

Monday: Rest day.  Worked.  My replacement RD hanger came for the guru, so in the evening I put that on and finished the new cables and bar tape.  I think this was my best tape job to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment