29.3.12

2012.18: Build 2 Week 2

Sunday: Bear mountain Grand Fondo recon super hill ride.  I got zero sleep the night before besides a 2-3 hour nap last saturday evening.  The temperature was right on the border of cold and not as cold, so I was in a big debate on clothing.  I finally opted for winter hat, leg and arm warmers, standard socks, one jersey with windbreaking plastic bag underneath, fingerless gloves.  The start was a little bit dicey and I wished I had used my full fingered gloves, but after the first climb I was able to warm up.  The first few wait ups I would get off my bike and start to get a little dizzy from not sleeping.  All in all, I was able to survive, and had a good time.  There are some beautiful roads up there.  Oh, also, my garmin was acting up again.  I don't know what that's all about, but my data looks very patchy.  Also the unit turned off for a little bit and wouldn't restart.  Strange stuff.  I think that's why my average on gconnect is so screwy.  Also also, new CP of 231W.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/163849780
NP/IF/TSS: 218W/0.942/350

Saturday: Rain.  No riding.  Also resting for tomorrow.

Friday: Rest day.  Didn't feel like riding, so I worked on the bike instead.

Thursday: Lactate tolerance Interval type sprint things.  I woke up feeling really tired, but I told myself to just do three intervals.  I ended up going for 4.  My power numbers seemed low, so I guess I was as tired as I thought.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/162816326
NP/IF/TSS: 202W/0.908/83
Interval - Max Speed (MPH) - Max Power (W) - Max Cadence (RPM)
1 - 33.8 - 946 - 122
2 - 32.3 - 948 - 120
3 - 32.3 - 1006 - 120
4 - 31.3 - 949 - 116

Wednesday: Rode the peugeot to the weld preserve to strum my banjo for a little bit.  Afterward, I got ready and did the wednesday hill evening ride thing.  It's nice to have a ride that pulls you inside-out.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/162583423
NP/IF/TSS: 219W/0.985/205

Tuesday: Cold and windy day.  Wussed out.  No riding.

Monday: Rest day.  Rested.

No comments:

Post a Comment