7.3.12

2012.15: Build 1 Week 3

Sunday: Spring Series race #2.  See race report.  Didn't do any other riding.

Saturday: No riding.  Headed into the city for another Spring Series race again tomorrow.

Friday: Rode to PT for the last time.  There they explained that they wished I had gotten better, but it was most likely my fault.  Thanks guys.  Between this and my quack doctor, I don't really have any faith in sports medicine anymore.  What a waste.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/156286965
NP/IF/TSS: 210W/0.933/67

Thursday: Was planning on riding to Roadworx (purveyor of fine bicycles and accessories), but drove there instead as my achilles was still being a dick.  I picked up some new bar tape and a chain for the guru, and some aluminum drop bars for the track bike for red hook.  I'm planning on using those for red hook so I don't risk destroying my carbon track bars in a crash.  Really, I hope I don't crash at all, as I would then have to pay for these bars, but they would cost less to replace than my track bars.

Wednesday: Supposed to be in the mid to high 50s today.  I planned on a ride to Greenport, but didn't wake up in time.  I still headed out though, as I was hoping to work on the tan a little.  Sadly, despite being warm temperature-wise, the wind was still bitterly cold.  I left my knee and arm warmers on pretty much the whole ride.  I wish I had my leg warmers on, but I seem to have left one of those at my brother's place.  I stopped in South Jamesport to eat a sandwich I made, then stopped in at the local post office to inquire about where to get a coffee.  I was told to try Duffy's Deli in regular Jamesport, and so I did.  It was nice to warm up a little, and the girl at the counter was super friendly and pretty cute.  She even asked about my racing and everything.  Needless to say, that's as far as the conversation got, because I suck at conversing.  There was a strong headwind on the way back, so I hammered most of the way and managed to miss the turn off of 25 for bicycle route 25.  Suddenly on a 5 lane highway with no shoulder to speak of was a bit of a shock to the system, but I managed to survive despite being buzzed by a couple of cars including a jeep with a "life's good" spare tire cover.  Go figure.  I stopped at Whelan's Surplus to order some dog tags with emergency phone numbers and stuff and then started to bonk pretty hard right before stony brook, to the point where I actually had to stop on the side of the road to eat some skittles I had bought at the deli.  My achilles was starting to act up a little bit by the end of the ride, actually, so after showering and eating some dinner, I made sure to ice it up.  Man, this is one long ride synopsis.  I guess it was a busier day than I thought.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/155828853
NP/IF/TSS: 178W/0.790/315

Tuesday: Originally planned to do some AE Intervals, but I just couldn't get the motivation.  The best I could do was half-ass my PT exercises at night.  I also went for my follow up visit with the sports medicine doctor.  He had me hop on my right foot three times and pronounced my tendinitis cured.  I'm pretty sure I could have done that the first visit, too, but whatever.  I'm just happy I won't have to be shelling out the money for this stuff anymore.

Monday: Rest day.  Rode to PT and then thought about going to the lighthouse, but instead went straight home to pass out for 6 hours.  I guess I haven't fully recovered from the weekend yet.  I feel like something else big happened today, but I don't know what that could have been anymore.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/155828856
NP/IF/TSS: 202W/0.898/64

No comments:

Post a Comment