20.3.12

2012.17: Build 2 Week 1

Sunday: Helped my brother move some more.  No riding.

Saturday: Rested.  Red Hook Crit at night.  See Race Report.

Friday: Rode the track bike around the neighborhood to pretend like I was ready for the red hook crit.  Mostly just rested.

Thursday: Sprints, aka semi lactate tolerance reps.  Technically LT reps are supposed to be about 1minute intervals, these were far shorter.  Afterward, I rested at long beach, then the weld preserve, then met up with danny at short beach.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/160508887
NP/IF/TSS: 193W/0.868/114
Interval -Max Speed - Max Power (W) - Max Cadence (RPM)
1 - 32.8 - 1024 - 117
2 - 31.4 - 980 - 119
3 - 31.8 - 910 - 123
4 - 29.8 - 1022 - 117
5 -  29.4 - 895 - 118

Wednesday: Hills was the name of the game.  I planned on doing the wednesday evening ride, but since the weather was so nice, I also wanted to get some more miles in by way of northport.  On the way out I tried to reclaim my KOM of landing ave heading north, but it was not to be.  I did get a new PR, though, so that's good.  I was actually going so fast into it that I passed two cars on the winding downhill to the bridge, but I didn't dare pass the dump truck in front of them.  I was hoping to draft off of it to cheat to a win, but it turned off right away into that nature center over there.  Clouds and espresso in northport, got my bike good and dirty going past the garbage dump.  Had a banana and a glass of chocolate milk before the second ride. I was feeling strong still at the beginning, but faded quickly once we hit cordwood.  I turned off early since my legs were toast from then out.
EDIT: Apparently my first ride also gave my GC file a new, lower CP of 222W
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/160177313
NP/IF/TSS: 209W/0.940/166

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/160244902
NP/IF/TSS: 214W/0.964/148

Tuesday: The plan was to try for a nice long endurance ride in this beautiful weather.  Instead I slept most of the day because I was still hurting from moving on sunday.  My right calf is super tight, so I wasn't sure if that would affect my achilles.  eventually I got out for a few minutes before dinner.  It felt good to be on the bike again, even if my muscles were very tight and sore.  Also, I saw that girl riding her bike up cordwood again.  kudos to her.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/159959895
NP/IF/TSS: 202W/0.899/54

Monday: Rest day.  Rested.

No comments:

Post a Comment