14.3.12

2012.16: Build 1 Week 4 - Rest Week

I don't know what it is about these spring series races, but it takes me a few days to recover from them.  Maybe I'm getting old.  Maybe it's the completely fucked sleep schedule that results from them.  Either way, a much needed (but probably not deserved) rest week lays ahead of me.

Sunday: Moving day.  absolutely no riding.

Saturday: no riding.  headed in to help my brother move.

Friday: no riding.

Thursday: no riding.

Wednesday: Slept in late and caught up with some SBRA guys to do the old wednesday evening ride, more or less.  Again, heading out I still felt like my legs were made of lead, but after meeting up with the group, I was able to limber up and (unfortunately for everyone else) put the hammer down.  Sorry guys.  All in all, a fun ride, but I cut it a little close with the setting sun.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/158027232
NP/IF/TSS: 212W/0.942/195

Tuesday: The weather was beautiful.  Despite being a rest week and all, I decided to get out for a little bit in the afternoon to work on the ol' tan.  The usual trip to some beaches and stuff.  I actually stopped at the lighthouse this time and walked around.  Out on the water was a strange looking boat of some sort.  Looked like a typical motorboat, but seemed to have a spinnaker hoisted on a very short mast.  I couldn't figure it out.  Also, the whole ride I felt very sluggish.  Like I just couldn't get going.  Also, my cassette was pretty noisy, perhaps too much wear, so I switched to my old 12-25 cassette instead.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/157764251
NP/IF/TSS: 202W/0.897/159

Monday: Rest day.  Rode down to Penn station to catch the train.
EDIT: I also replaced my chain and cleaned the bike at night.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/157764267
NP/IF/TSS: 185W/0.824/39

No comments:

Post a Comment