2.5.11

2011.23: 5/2-5/8 Race Week!

The week has arrived. I'm not sure where I stand, how my fitness is, whether I'll be competitive. The usual doubts, questions, et cetera. As this is the first competitive event for me this year, I really just don't know where I stand. And it's unnerving. It seems like that's half the battle right there; being confident. Knowing you've done all that you can do. It's time to roll the dice and bring home the jackpot.

Saturday/Sunday: Opening weekend. The big day. The first 'A' race of my season. read the race report up that way ^^.

Friday: work. Either today or yesterday I spun on the rollers for maybe 5 minutes. Nothing worth noting.

Thursday: nothing. work, I think.

Wednesday: rain, i think. right? sure.

Tuesday: did some Lactate Tolerance reps again. Also known as sprints. Also known as Painful McHurtsalot. I felt slow doing them. Didn't hit the top speeds I was expecting. I definitely had a side wind, I'm almost thinking maybe it was also partially headwind as well. Here's some data:
Interval/max speed/max power
1 / 34.2 / 983W
2 / 32.7 / 884
3 / 31.8 / 872
4 / 30.9 / 815
Addendum: does anyone know how much my sprint power/speed should drop after each interval? Am I supposed to be trying to maintain steady results here?

Monday: Woke up with really sore, tired legs. Standing all day at work was painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment