17.6.10

Race: Kissena Twilight Track Series 6/16

Alright, Karl and I finally were able to make getting to the track on time work. In fact we got there with oodles of time. The cat4 schedule was a win and out, tempo, and chariot, with a 3mile final for a potential A feature. Firstly, I'd like to say that having a team-mate is awesome. It makes racing so much easier.

For the win 'n' out, I decided my plan was to just go from the gun (or whistle, in this case). Turns out, it worked! The main competitor we had to worry about, Alan, just ended up playing cat and mouse with Karl while I got away.

In the tempo, Karl and I decided that he would try getting away and I would just stick on Alan's wheel and outsprint him each lap. Karl ended up fading a bit, with Alan creeping past him. I tried to bridge Karl up, but he couldn't stick on my wheel, and I ended up outsprinting Alan for the last two laps. Unfortunately, this still put me 1 pt behind, and he got the win. Props to him.

The chariot? it's dumb. that's all I have to say. Karl won. Good job for him. It's still a stupid race. end of story.

All this alternating of winning put Karl, Alan, and me in the A feature. I believe Alan's plan was to help out his team-mate gary who races the 1/2/3's. For Karl and me (well me at least), the plan was to just not get dropped horribly. It was a struggle for me, as I still have a hard time getting comfortable on that track. However, with two to go, I gave it a shot and went off the front. I stayed away until 1 to go, when the real players wound up their sprints. I think all in all I still ended up around 5thish, perhaps? good job me. and good job everyone else. now for some data:

Split Guide:
1 - Win and Out, with some warm down
2 - Tempo, with some warm down. I'm really bad about stopping my garmin
3 - Chariot, "
4 - A feature
Time: 00:21:49
Distance: 6.96 mi
Speed: 19.1 / 36.6 mph
Cadence: 82 / 138 rpm
HR: 170 / 197 bpm (this is probably why I felt like dying for some of the races)

No comments:

Post a Comment