5.4.10

2010.19 Peak - Week 1

Peak? Peak? does this mean opening weekend is almost here? I don't like it. not one bit.

Sunday: No riding again. Had to meet the brother's fiance's mother. She seems really cool.

Saturday: Helped the team for the Tour of the Battenkill at the second feed. It was a lot of fun. I think I got my bottle handling technique worked out. Also, had some good luck with the musettes.

Friday: No ride. I don't really remember what I did during the day, but in the evening I went up to cambridge, NY to help the team at the tour of the battenkill.

Thurdsay: I think I rode or something. I'll have to check the ol' garmin. EDIT: yes, a ride. I didn't really know what intensity I wanted to do, started out strong, then kinda chilled out. Nothing really to write home about.
Time: 1:17:20
Distance: 22.43 mi
Speed: 17.4 / 37.1 mph
HR: N/A
Cadence: 86 / 113 rpm

Wednesday: Did some "Lactate Tolerance Reps", aka sprints. Each sprint was about 1.5 minutes, with 4 minutes rest. All out. 5 of them. We had a pretty stiff headwind today, so most of the sprints were only around 25ish mph.
Time: 1:15:10
Distance: 20.62 mi
Speed: 16.5 / 33.7 mph
HR: 164 / 192 bpm
Cadence: 86 / 119 rpm

Tuesday: Rest day. Did a real easy zone 1 ride for about an hour. No data.

Monday: Today. Today was a day of genius. Now, normally mondays are my rest days, but I had a hankering to do a stupidly long endurance ride. However, now that I'm in the ol' peak week, i'm only allowed to do a moderately long endurance ride on tuesdays. Well, I had an idea. The greatest of ideas, in fact. I'd do my stupidly long ride on monday, then rest tuesday, making myself ready and refreshed for wednesday's training. But what kind of stupidly long ride should I do, I asked myself. Well, sunday was the tour of flanders, and long island happens to have a town named flanders that is pretty stupidly far away. Sure, let's tour flanders! All in all, the ride went well. I felt strong (19.1mph avg) up until turning back on to sound ave. turns out the 7mph wind out of the SSE that I started with turned into a 17mph wind out of the SW, gusting to 21mph. ouch. also, some kid in a beat up civic called me fat. i'd say he was pushing 200lbs easy. just saying.
Time: 04:22:08
Distance: 80.02 mi
Speed: 18.3 / 39.9 mph
HR: 164 / 186 bpm
Cadence: 96 / 136 rpm

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm I don't think I can ride and stay in zone 1! I don't know if that's bad or just horrible. Waht mph do you average in zone 1? I would be at like 10. :S

    Also I bet that guy was old school and ment phat and was hoping you would ask him out.

    ReplyDelete